This is the first official week of my internship. I will be working closely with Mrs. Kim Groody, Director of Elementary and Secondary education at North Schuylkill School District. I have known Kim for a very long time. I first met Kim when she was my computer teacher at North Schuylkill Elementary. I have had the pleasure of witnessing her own leadership journey. After having my first triad meeting with Dr. Starmack and Mrs. Groody back in April, I have been eager to begin this experience.
Although my internship just started, I have already started working with Kim to learn about different aspects of her job. I have reviewed resources from the curriculum council at the IU and learned about the Flexible Instruction Day application process, which was something that came out of the COVID pandemic. I have also started working on a substitute teacher information folder. This will be a resource that substitutes can use to help learn the procedures of the building. Since many substitutes are not necessarily coming in with teaching experience, this guide will get them up to speed with classroom management procedures as well. This applies to curriculum and instruction as one of Mrs. Groody's responsibilities is new teacher induction. This guide can also be useful for new teachers in the district. I have barely started and have already learned so much. I am genuinely excited for the opportunities that this experience will offer me.
No comments:
Post a Comment