Thursday, July 24, 2025

Journal #3

      In addition to the curriculum auditing and substitute handbook, I have been working on an AI tool that teachers can use. One area of need within our district is writing. We would like to see better writing instruction as well as an increase of writing within other content areas. One idea that Kim and I came up with was a chart where ELA writing standards are aligned with science and social studies standards.

This is a sample chart we came up with in our discussion.

    One idea that we discussed was also providing Chat GPT prompts that teachers can use that help them come up with activities that align with the standards. As a future administrator, one of my biggest goals is to not put more on teachers' plates. I started to think about if this would be a resource that teachers would find helpful or something that would create more work. I feel that it could be asking a lot to digest the chart, then go to Chat GPT and try to locate information. I wondered how I could make this process quick, user friendly, and put as little on teachers as possible. I realized that there was a way to combine all of this into a single document.
This resource is simple to use. It takes 3 clicks and some typing. You choose your grade level, the subject, type the topic/standard, and then click the type of writing you would like to see students produce. Then, the embedded AI does the rest of the work for you. It creates an entire activity with materials, lists the alignment to PA ELA standards, as well as the learning-focused strategies that were used. 

    This one stop shop is simple to use and does not rely on teachers wasting time looking for activities/alignment to standards within the document. The AI produces all of that information for them and narrows it down to exactly what they are looking for. Teachers do not even need to leave the window to plug the information in elsewhere. It is important to keep less tech-savvy people in mind when increasing the use of technology within an organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Journal Entry

     As I complete my internship in Educational Leadership with a focus on the supervision of curriculum and instruction, I am grateful for ...