Monday, July 14, 2025

Journal #2

     I have been working on a few projects since the start of my internship. One being a guide for new teachers/substitutes. As a former substitute in the building I now teach in, I felt that I was "thrown to the wolves." Never allow your future teachers to feel this way. I decided to make a guide with the most important information. This includes nurse procedures, emergency procedures, important phone numbers, PBIS information, and even classroom management tips. I think that this will also be beneficial for new teachers as well.
    I also started a PDE course on curriculum auditing. This will help me complete my own curriculum audit. My plan is to audit my own 6th grade ELA curriculum, but I would also like to step outside my comfort zone and audit curriculum that I am not familiar with. There are a lot of tools out there that are beneficial in auditing curriculum. This includes tools the evaluate equity and inclusion. This ensures that all students are represented and engaged in the curriculum. Never assume that all students are being represented. Perform an audit to determine the hidden biases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Journal Entry

     As I complete my internship in Educational Leadership with a focus on the supervision of curriculum and instruction, I am grateful for ...